Python 2.7 Support¶
Eliot supports Python 2.7 as of release 1.7. However, Eliot will drop support for Python 2 in an upcoming release (probably 1.8 or 1.9).
If you are using Eliot with Python 2, keep the following in mind:
- I will provide critical bug fixes for Python 2 for one year after the last release supporting Python 2.7. I will accept patches for critical bug fixes after that (or you can pay for my services to do additional work).
- Make sure you use an up-to-date
pip; in theory this should result in only downloading versions of the package that support Python 2.
- For extra safety, you can pin Eliot in
eliot < 1.8.
For example, if it turns out 1.8 is the last version that supports Python 2:
- 1.8 will only support Python 3.
- Critical bug fixes for Python 2 will be released as 1.8.1, 1.8.2, etc..
I will update this page once I know the final release where Python 2 is supported.